Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 85

Thread: How did you get to start reading yaoi?

  1. #51
    Inactive Member LiL dEviL MiNeE's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2003
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i close my door and have other programs on just in case anyone walks in. but i learned to read the scanlations at night when everyone is asleep. heheh.. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] i am very glad that my mom is computer illiterate and so is my sister. Except for my dad... oy... but my dad doesn't touch my computer so thank god.

    you know the feeling of having your heart being dropped, and make "thud" noise, right? see, i have a tape of fish in the trap and cathexis and two days ago, my dad found it when he was cleaning out some stuff in my room with my sister cause we got new furnitures. thankfully my sister took the tape away and hid it somewhere and my dad was too busy trying to clean the room so he let it go. when i heard that, i was scared to death.

    see... i tell you asian parents are crazy... they will panic when they hear something like this. they are not so open minded unfortunately. *sigh*

  2. #52
    Inactive Member DemonSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2nd, 2003
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well I started thanx to sakura crisis lol I dl boys next door, and I thought It was so good do I kept searching for more shonen ai, then I started to find yaoi so I just got curious lol and I try it and ... now I love yaoi! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  3. #53
    Inactive Member Celstarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2003
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    As it turns out, I let my guard down and left for the kitchen to help my dad make a sandwich.

    He entered the room to take my fan and saw my internet browser on a fanfic. Specifically, a yaoi Yu Gi Oh one. With Bakura, Kaiba and Yugi doing it. And oh gosh, I think he read it. Cos I asked him what he read and he said. "Something about some Bakura." T__T Thank goodness he hasn't said anything. I guess he really knows now. In that sense I think I'm really lucky he isn't killing me by now.

  4. #54
    Inactive Member Jackrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 2003
    Posts
    51
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LiL dEviL MiNeE you've got my sympathies ^.^.

    see... i tell you asian parents are crazy... they will panic when they hear something like this. they are not so open minded unfortunately. *sigh*
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Unfortunately, European parents tend to be the same... I could never tell mine, because although they don't admit it, I suspect they are quite homophobic. I mean my Dad thinks that a man wearing an earring is cissy... *sigh*
    I tend to read scanslations at night too...


    But on a happier note, reading about all of your first yaoi experiences makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside... I say that yaoi cannot be wide spread enough. So my sisters and brothers, keep up the reading ^.^ !

  5. #55
    Inactive Member aikasan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 5th, 2003
    Posts
    120
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    the same here, i think that our parents have several things in common, once i asked my mom if she was homophobic and she said she wasn't, that she only disliked the fags...what kind of answer is that??!! i was like 0_0 turn around, go to room NOW...and didn't talk to her in several days (X.X hate when she does that)

  6. #56
    Inactive Member Kaori's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2003
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hmmm, I was always sure that yaoi was strictly for homosexuals or something, but now I'm not so sure. is it? you guys are confusing me. I've always stayed away from yaoi since I thought it was just for guys. umm..can someone help me out here.

  7. #57
    Inactive Member Countess D's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2003
    Posts
    148
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Actually is quite the opposite. The ones who read most Yaoi are girls ^^;;;

    I once read that many homosexuals don't like yaoi cause' it doesn't depict theis reality as it is. Go figure.

    Anyway Yaoi Rulez XD!!!

  8. #58
    Inactive Member Kaori's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2003
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hmmm..thats really interesting. I have a question though..is all yaoi smut?

  9. #59
    Inactive Member aikasan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 5th, 2003
    Posts
    120
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOVE MODE, definately.
    yes a lot of girls (like me)straight, bi, lez, whatsoever read yaoi, maybe like Countess D says, even more than gay men

  10. #60
    Inactive Member aikasan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 5th, 2003
    Posts
    120
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    but again if you are not so sure about reading about sex between boys, then you should try first some shounen-ai...(almost all of them are cute stories ^^)

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ January 11, 2004 12:01 AM: Message edited by: aikasan ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •